1512 - 1542 (30 years)
Has more than 100 ancestors and more than 100 descendants in this family tree.
||James Stuart [2, 3, 4] |
|Relationship||with Francis Fox|
||10 Apr 1512
||Linlithgow, West-Lothian, Scotland [2, 4, 5]
||13 Dec 1542
||Lochmaber, Scotland [2, 4, 5]
||Holyrood Abbey, Edinburgh, Midlothian, Scotland
||This person is also James V of Scotland at Wikipedia |
||4 Apr 2017 |
||King James IV Stuart, "Iron Belt", b. 17 Mar 1473, d. 9 Sep 1513, Flodden, Branxton, Northumberland, England (Age 40 years) |
||Princess Margaret Tudor, b. 28 Nov 1489, Westminster Palace, London, England , d. 18 Oct 1541, Methven Castle. (Age 51 years) |
||8 Aug 1503
||Holyrood House, Scotland
||5 siblings |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
||Marie de Loraine Guise, b. 22 Nov 1515, Bar-le-Duc , d. 10 Jun 1560, Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland (Age 44 years) |
||9 May 1538
| ||1. Duke James Stuart, b. 22 May 1540, St. Andrew's, Fife, Scotland , d. Apr 1541, St. Andrew's, Fife, Scotland (Age 0 years)|
| ||2. Duke Arthur Stuart, b. Apr 1541, Falkland Palace, Fife, Scotland , d. Apr 1541 (Age ~ 0 years)|
| ||3. Queen Maria Stuart, b. 8 Dec 1542, Linlithgow , d. 8 Feb 1587, Fotheringhay (Age 44 years)|
||19 Mar 2010 |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- Koning van Schotland 1513-1542
Burke seem to think Madeline was Mary's mother, but others say it was Mary.
Some say died 1547.
He was 17 months old when his father (James IV) was killed. His mother acted as regent until her marriage in 1514 to Archibald, 6th earl of Angus. In 1525, during the continued struggle for control of the country, James was taken prisoner by his stepfather. Three years later the King escaped and assumed control of Scotland. His uncle, Henry VIII, King of England, tried to induce
James to repudiate the authority of the Roman Catholic Church, but James refused, and relations between England and Scotland became strained; in 1542 war broke out.
- [S193] British Pedigrees, Peter Barns-Graham, (Stirnet), Stewart of Eday, Stewart of Moray, Stewart of Orkney, Stewart Kings of Scotland (Reliability: 2).
- [S14] University of Hull Royal Database (England), Brian Tompsett, (copyright 1994, 1995, 1996 , , Repository: WWW, University of Hull, Hull, UK HU6 7RX email@example.com).
- [S11] Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Frederick Lewis Weis, (4th ed, Genealogical Publishing, Baltimore , , Repository: J.H. Garner), line 92 pp 103-104 (Reliability: 0).
- [S52] Medieval Heritage: The Ancestry of Charles II, King of England, Neil D. Thompson, F.A.S.G., Col. Charles M. Hansen, U.S.A, (TAG (The Genealogist), ca. 1987 ,).
- [S11] Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Frederick Lewis Weis, (4th ed, Genealogical Publishing, Baltimore , , Repository: J.H. Garner), line 92 pp 103-104, line 92B pp 105-106 (Reliability: 0).
- [S11] Magna Charta Sureties, 1215, Frederick Lewis Weis, (4th ed, Genealogical Publishing, Baltimore , , Repository: J.H. Garner), line 92B pp 105-106 (Reliability: 0).