Abt 930 - Abt 995 (~ 65 years)
Has 3 ancestors and more than 100 descendants in this family tree.
||Erik VIII av Sverige |
|Relationship||with Francis Fox|
||Geneagraphie | Voorouders HW, Ahnen BvS
||19 Mar 2010 |
- King abt 970-995.
Father: Possibly Emund Eriksson.
Erik is the first King that we can say was king over all of Sweden. He succeded Emund Eriksson.
He was married, but we do not know for sure to whom. It was either Sigrid Storråda, daughter of Skoglar Toste, or Princess Gunhild of Poland, daughter of Prince Mieszko and sister till Boleslav I, Poland's first king. Other sources talk about a Slavic princess. His widow is anyhow said to have married King Sven of Denmark and England. Son: Olof.
Erik Victorious is famous for his victory over Vikings at Fyrisvallarna near Uppsala abt 985.
The Earliest Kings
Sweden has existed for so long, and in a region where there were very few written books, so we don't know very much about the country's earliest history and her first kings. Johannes Magnus, the last (latest?) Roman Catholic arch bishop in Sweden made efforts to solve this problem by writing his version of the Swedish history. Most of the kings he wrote about have never existed, but they are the reason why e.g. the present King is called Carl XVI Gustaf even though there have only been ten kings with the name Carl/Karl.
Two peoples lived in Sweden: Svear and Göter. Both peoples had kings and sometimes the two peoples were reigned by the same king. The Svear defeated the Göter in the 6th century, and since then it has been one people. However, the Kings of Sweden called themselves Sweden's and Göthe's King until 1973.
1. Magog. Noah's grandson.
7. Berico. A great warrior. He sailed with his men and conquered Estonia, Livia, the land of the Ulmerugs, Pomerania, Poliona and Magnopolia. Son: Humulfus.
9. Humelus (Humulfus' nephew). The Danes were attacked by the Saxons and their King Iutho. Humelus helped them get rid of the Saxons and he let his sons Dan and Angel govern the Danes. Dan was the one who gave Danmark (Denmark) its name. Angel went to England. England is named after him. Dan's and Angel's brother Norus made himself King of Norway. Sons: Dan, Angel, Norus, Gothilas.
11. Sigthunius, He had a beautiful daughter called Gro. The Danish Crown Prince Gram proposed to her, but she was already promised to King Sumblus of Finland. Gram won Gro's heart and he ran off with her, which made Sigthunius go to war against him. In the final battle, Gram killed Sigthunius and tried to take over Sweden, but this was prevented by Scarinus.
12. Scarinus. He was killed in a fight with Gram.
13. Sibdagerus. A close relative of Scarinus. He married Gram's and Gro's daughter and killed Gram. Son: Asmund.
14. Asmund. He was taught to call out demons by his teacher, the magician Vagnoptus. Married to Gumilda. Sons: Uffo, Hundingus
16. Hundingus. He committed suicide. Son: Ragnar.
17. Ragnar. Married to the Danish King Hadingus' daughter Svanvit. Son: Hothebrotus.
Hothebrotus. Married to Princess Gyritha of Norway. Conquered many countries and he had a realm from the river Don to England. Son: Attilus.
18. Attilus. Married to Ursilia from Denmark. She ran off to Denmark with the state's gold and silver. In Denmark reigned Ursilia's son Rolvo. Attilus defeated Rolvo and made his dog Raccho Ruler of Denmark.
19. Hotherus, Attilus' brother. Son: Rodericus.
20. Rodericus. Son: Attilus.
21. Attilus. Son: Botuildus.
23. Grimerus. A terrible tyrant. Son: Tord.
25. Gotharus. Son: Adolf.
26. Adolf. Conquered Denmark.
27. Algot. Son Erik.
29. Lindormus. During his reign Julius Caesar came to Scandinavia, but was so terrified by the people here, that he left in a hurry. The Swedish people however didn't forget him and named 25 of December after him (In Swedish: Juldagen).
31. Erik. Married to Gunvara. Sons: Gethericus, Haldanus.
34. Regnaldus. Son: Amund.
40. Fliolmus. An alcoholic.
43. Visbur. A tyrant. Killed by his sons.
45. Domarus, a good but weak king.
53. Håkan Ring
54. Egil Vendelkråka
55. Gotharus. Murdered by his brother Gasto
63. Tord. Faught a war against King Arthur of England.
69. Östen Gostagus
79. Björn in Birka. In his days came Ansgar, Sweden's Apostel, to Sweden.
80. Bröt-Anund. Killed by his brother Sivardus.
82. Ragnar Lodbrok
87. Ivar. Ragnar Lodbrok's son.
88. Olof Trätälja. Ingevallus' son.
90. Erik Weatherhat. Could controll the weather with his hat.
91. Erik Victorious.